Saturday, May 28, 2011

Long weekend

It seems like a while since I've had a good weekend. I started a new position at work that means I get to work a good number of weekends now. I have worked the last two so I was ready for this long weekend.

I decided today was going to be the work day around the house, I had a few projects that I needed to get caught up on.


First I finished putting the boards up under the porch to make it a little move finished. Then I moved onto putting the rail up on the new stairs to the front porch I built a couple weekends ago. Before I could finish up the rail I had to go borrow a sawzall from Dad and stop and get some more lumber. While I was out I also got the supplies to built raised beds for a garden.







At this point I was on a roll so I finished up the rail. Put a coat of linseed oil on the boards I was using for the raised beds and started mowing. At some point during mowing I stopped and coated the other sides of the boards.







Then I built the raised beds after mowing for a little while longer. I've never had raised beds before so this will be an experiment this year. If they do well I have room to install a few more. I didn't get the dirt to feel them yet, I'm hoping I can do that this week.







After the beds were finished I cleaned up the yard beside the house and finished mowing.

And I want to thank Tarah for awesome pizza for lunch and great chicken and veggies for dinner.

Now I hope I can spend the next two days relaxing with family.

Charlie


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment