Tuesday, September 7, 2010

…and… we wait! Just when we thought the waiting might be over… bam!
No such luck! We got an offer last Thursday. It was a great offer
(minus the 60 day until closing)… we didn’t even need to counter
offer. This was it - our house was under contract!!! Well, all of
that lasted for approximately 45 minutes! No sooner did we find out
we were under contract, did we get the call telling us we were NOT
under contract. Talk about disappointing. It felt like someone
realized I was getting too much happiness, and decided to come steal
it away. It broke.my.heart. Charlie recognized immediately that I
was GREATLY disappointed, so he came along with some encouraging
words. He knows I do not take disappointment well, so thankfully he
put his disappointment aside, and focused on trying to cheer me up.
To Charlie: Thank you for that – I love you! We do have another
person who is very interested, at least from what we are told. I
mean, she has been to look at the house 3 times in a 5 day span. She
just can’t make that final step. Apparently the idea of change is
holding her back. I am hoping that for whatever reason, she makes an
offer this week. That would be WONDERFUL. I do realize our house has
only been on the market just over 2 weeks, and that some people wait
months and months for even their first offer. I am trying my best not
to get discouraged. I am trying to be optimistic. I am really
trying… its just hard. As mentioned previously (and likely to be
mentioned again) – I am just not a patient person.

On to better things… Charlie worked to clear several trees off our
house lot this weekend. It already looks much better! There are
still 3-4 more we need to clear before any excavation is done, but
every step is progress made. We also have a house plan that is likely
to be “the one”… assuming other factors work in our favor. Only time
will tell.

Well, just wanted to give an update, since neither of us had posted in
over a week… until next time.

Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment